Ideals of beauty? #Inspiration 30.01.13


As I begin research into the 'ideals of beauty' and how it is represented in the fashion industry, for a cultural history essay, I begin by looking at these below pictures. Was Twiggy a trigger and from when were ethnic races incorporated into 'the beauty ideal,' or are they, where does Josephine Baker fit into this? Deep shit my friends, by the end of the day I'm sure I will be a little wiser and developed my argument further through the aid of John Berger and Pierre Bourdieu to name a few. 







To me, beauty comes in all shapes and forms, but to this day we are still met with a typical fair skinned slim aesthetic representing what is desired, super interesting ideas to think about and explore.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I will endeavour to reply back to you all, but for a quicker response tweet me on @Aimee_Victoria

Aimee xxx